my grandparents have the most beautiful garden, so we decided to take her 6 month pictures with her "elle"phant there. they turned out to be some of my favorites...closely behind her 4 month pictures, which still remain as my favorite to date!
elle's gigi (aaron's mom) got her the elephant and we just laughed the first time i put her up next to it because elle was so tiny in comparison and that's when i decided that i would use it every month for pictures. we talked about how before we knew it elle would be loving all over the elephant, picking it up and talking to it and she is there. she loves that elephant and pictures with it are getting more interesting because she can't take her eyes or hands off it!
just had to throw a little naked baby in there for ya!
at 6 months old, elle louise:
- is growing so fast. too fast! every day is a new journey.
- loves exploring foods by touching and gumming them. to date she has had a little avocado but i'm not sure how much--if any--she actually swallowed. she likes to gum, smack, suck on just about anything, even LEMONS! i know, gross! but she LOVES them! cereal? well, we tried that a couple times and she hated every bit of it and it was so frusturating for me, so we just threw that out the window (almost literally!).
- is wearing size 3 diapers.
- is still wearing mainly 3-6 months or 6 month outfits. today, she wore a size 3 month dress to church, so she's kind of all over the place! she can even wear some 6-9 or 6-12 month things too!
- still has the tiniest little feet ever and can still wear all her 0-3 month shoes with room to grow into!
- "talks" all the time. she says "dada", "dad" and "daddy" and also says "hiiii". still no "momma" but we are working on it. she works her mouth so hard to say it but "dada" just comes out!
- still isn't really laughing! she will chuckle one time when we do something funny, but if we do the same thing again she doesn't laugh again. she thinks its funny once and then she's over it! and, it has to be very funny...she won't just laugh at anything.
- likes a sippy cup and drinks water out of it from time to time.
- sits upright without any assistance at all. i am LOVING this stage. she can just sit and play and i can do a load of laundry or run the vacuum. it is great!
- still loves water! bath time and pool time!
- still breastfeeding. our days are great and we've got a pretty good schedule going on, but the nights are still a little rough. she wakes up 2-3 times every night to nurse. i try to give her the pacifier but that seems to just make things worse.
- is a busy body! she rolls, scoots, moves, tosses, kicks, wiggles, and etc. the girl is only still when she is sleeping! ha!
- intrigued by everything! it is so fun to watch her try to figure something out. everything is such a big deal to her. she is a nosy little booger (not sure who she inherited that trait from).
- still toothless. still teething, but no teeth are breaking through! one of these days!
- is over all super sweet and super happy! we/she/i have our moments, but for the most part elle is a GREAT baby! i am one blessed momma!